Saturday, August 18, 2012

A-England Iseult + Cagedbird Nail Lacquer

I'm alive!! It's been a while since I've posted here, huh? I recently just came back from vacation and have finally had time to hunker down and commit to by blog again. Hooray! Not only am I back, but I'm back to show you a lovely indie polish brand by the name of Cagedbird Nail Lacquer by Sarah. Her polishes are just lovely in every way possible. 

She just recently opened up her Etsy shop and has a handful of polishes for sale right now! I have a feeling her polishes are going to be a huge hit, so get them while you can! I have two that I purchased to show you today. 


I started off with 3 coats of A-England Iseult. The formula was sort of sheer, but builds up wonderfully with 3 coats. It has a very slight white shimmer to it as well which I feel makes it very unique and beautiful. 
In the Sunlight

In the Shade
Macro Shot

From there I added 2 coats of Cagedbird - Faerie Carnival. Faerie Carnival is a beautiful mix of pastel matte glitters with a very fine holo dust sparkle. Sarah currently is only offering 5mL mini bottles for sale, but I think she plans to offer full sized bottles in the future!! The bottle decoration is just adorable. She adds a personalized ribbon bow to each bottle, as well as a beautifully hand written label and the bottle sticker which is silhouetted with a caged bird.


Applying Faerie Carnival was a little tricky, I found it worked best when I dabbed the glitter onto my nails, rather then applying like normal polish with strokes. Other than that, the formula was great and didn't cause any problems. I absolutely LOVE this polish. I am a huge fan of pastel and this is just so perfect for me. I will definitely be getting myself a back up bottle in the future. 


The second polish I ordered from Cagedbird is called Midnight in Paris. It is such a fitting name for the polish. It is a deep black with a mix of tiny blue, red, pink and silver glitters. Application was normal, I only needed 2 coats to achieve full opacity. 



Overall I am really impressed with Cagedbird Nail Lacquer polishes. I am looking forward to what else Sarah will come up with in the future. Once again you can find her Facebook fan page here. If you want to purchase any of Cagedbird Nail Lacquers you can visit their etsy shop here.
Her polishes retail for $5.00 dollars and are worth every penny.

A-Englands can be purchased from their direct website here or you can also purchase them from Llarowe or OverallBeauty. They retail for around $12.00 dollars per polish.

I hope you enjoyed today's post! Please do go visit Cagedbird Nail Lacquer's shop and fan page. Sarah will be updating her page frequently with any new information.

Thanks for reading, lovelies.
xo

1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs